Saturday, February 1, 2014

Fútbol...Fußball...Football...Soccer - Whatever you call it, let's get out there and play!

I'll play almost any sport you throw at me.  In my maturing years, I fallen back on hockey and soccer.  I like playing hockey a lot, but it's being a soccer player and soccer coach, which drives me.  I'll play almost anytime anyone asks me and if you get me going, I can talk for quite some time about it.  It drives my kids and someone very-very close to me crazy when they want to get going after a game or practice.

My wife, or said person very-very close to me, told me once (well more than once), "You know, your game recap emails tend to be a bit long."  I brushed it off as complete foolishness, but as I sat down last night to type up a simple note to say training was still on for Sunday, I noticed I had already gone past the point I tried to make and into a 3rd or 4th paragraph.  Maybe there is some merit to that comment from some time ago...maybe.

So, taking a hint, and the current methods of my good friend Coach Pat, I've decided to try and keep those emails simple (game reminder/practice reminder) and do the very important thought pondering and game and training recaps out here on Coach Ben's Huddle.

Why name it Coach Ben's Huddle, well, first NK Legends Soccer was taken and second, I always like to bring it in after the game or a practice to get players attention and focus on the message.

I look forward to many future enlightening entries.

Coach Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment