Wednesday, October 29, 2014

It's sinking in



I am by no means a megalomaniac when it comes to coaching soccer, I just like working with players and teaching them the sport and about life.  I repeat the same thing over and over sometimes, much to the players groans.

I received a note from a parent this morning that their player would not be at practice and normally this may be all a coach expects to see so they can plan, but the second part let me know (and made me laugh) that it's all sinking in.  

This tidbit is from my U9 girls team who have a tournament this weekend and who I know need to use more than their available fingers and toes to count the number of times I have asked for them to be hydrated before a full weekend of play...

"...won't be there. Sorry. But she's doing some practice and already put herself on a water regimen."

Best of luck to both my U8 and U9 crews this weekend.  Win or lose, play with skill, play with passion, have fun, don't get distracted, and just play soccer!

...pssst...don't forget to drink some water, don't eat too much candy and go to bed on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment