I am nowhere near to saying goodbye to the sideline. Heck, once my kids are grown, I am sure I'll be there for many other players and parents until hopefully one day I can coach my grand kids, but until then it's nice to know I have been blessed with parents who exemplify the many things I read in the following article Saying Goodbye Sideline, which I found via Changing the Game Project.
You know who you are out there with your blankets and hand warmers or jug of water, which doubled as an extra seat for our overcrowded bench. Those who jump in to warm up players, coach and pay a ref fee while coach rushes to make it from one team and game to the next.
Maybe you missed a move or two from your daughter to capture many team moments as our unofficial photographer, or bring something extra to eat between matches because you paid enough attention to know some of the players don't really want our "between the game bahnanananas"...and sometimes...sometimes, your sideline hot chocolate is warmer than expected.
Thanks to you all and I love our growing Legends family!
No comments:
Post a Comment